Boiler Upgrade Scheme
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) supports the decarbonisation of heat in buildings. It provides upfront capital grants to support the installation of heat pumps and biomass boilers in homes and non-domestic buildings in England and Wales.
Acting on behalf of you, ECS can apply for £5000 off the cost and installation of an air source heat pump
£450 million of grant funding is available over three years from 2022 to 2025.
More About BUS
The scheme is designed to minimise the amount of work property owners need to do. It is ‘installer-led’, which means ECS installer will:
- make a BUS application on your behalf
- liaise with Ofgem on most matters related to the scheme
- tell Ofgem when they’ve installed your heating system
- claim the money from Ofgem at the end of the project
The grant value will be deducted from your quote upfront and ECS are responsible for passing on the discount that the BUS grant provides to you, the property owner.
Giving your consent
After ECS has submitted an application for your property, Ofgem will contact you to confirm that:
- you have consented to the installer making the application on your behalf
- you meet the relevant eligibility criteria for the scheme
If Ofgem do not receive your confirmations of the above within 14 calendar days, they may reject the application.