Get in touch today

Have a question?

No problem!

We’re ready to answer any queries you may have. Select from the options below or complete the form and we’ll get in touch.

Our advice is always free and we can arrange quotes either in-person with a visit or remotely from emailed photos.

Whatever your plumbing, heating, air conditioning or energy project, we’d be pleased to support you to achieve exactly what you want.

Some quick answers to your questions

What areas do you cover?

ECS Plumbing and Heating cover a 40 mile radius from Alton, which includes major towns such as Farnham, Basingstoke, Southampton, Portsmouth, Salisbury, Guildford, Crawley, Horsham, Bracknell, Worthing, (Brighton??), Maidenhead, Reading and more. So, we can help with one-off projects or major installations in Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, Wiltshire, West Sussex and the western part of Greater London.

What are Air Source Heat Pumps?

An air source heat pump (ASHP) extracts heat from the air in one location and transfers it to another. So, you can extract the heat from the air outside your home and use it to heat the inside of your home via hot air systems, or your normal radiator-based system. It also works the other way, so you can extract heat from your home to keep it cool. Properly set up and balanced, an ASHP system can provide full central heating and domestic hot water up to 80°C.

Do you offer any renewable energy solutions?

Yes. We have been involved in renewable energy systems since the early days ofsolar panels and solar energy systems. Many of our installations these days centre on heat exchange units such as air source heat pumps, for a more eco-friendly heating solution that doesn’t cost the earth.

What are Ground Source Heat Pumps?

Ground source pumps rely on a network of pipes laid either underground or under water. Again, give us a call for more details. Can I have air conditioning in my home?Yes, of course! With our climate becoming more variable, an air conditioning system for the home is becoming less of an occasional luxury and more a way of ensuring a constant indoor temperature and air circulation in any house. Call us to discuss your requirements, or for an informal discussion with our air conditioning experts.

What is an HVAC System?

HVAC stands for Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (not to be confused with high-voltage alternating current.). You may already have such as system in your care where it’s know as climate control. A HVAC system not only maintains your home or premises at a pre-defined temperature, it also ensures that your indoor environment enjoys excellent air quality through the balance of fresh air, humidity and the filtration of dust particles. If you’re interested in an HVAC system, call us on 01420 561777 for free advice and a site visit.

Do you offer bathroom design?

Yes, we very much enjoy helping customer design a new bathroom that meets their exact requirements. Our bathroom planners are experts at squeezing the features you and your family require into even thesmallest of spaces. We enjoy the challenges too of designing bespoke bathroom features such as wet rooms and bathrooms in historic or non-standard buildings. Call us for full details.

Do you install underfloor heating in bathrooms?

We can install underfloor heating almost anywhere you wish it! Call us for a site visit and estimate for underfloor heating in any room of your home -or all of them. See our Underfloor Heating page for more details.

Can you install a biomass boiler system?

Yes. Our portfolio of sustainable energy solutions includes biomass systems. Biomass fuels are sustainable and often waste products from other processes. The most common fuel type is wood, supplied either as wood chips or pellets and burned in a boiler system. Call us to discuss your heating requirements and we’ll advise if a biomass option is viable and cost-effective for your home or business.

I have a blocked drain, can you help?

If you have a blocked drain internally please call ECS Plumbing to arrange an engineers visit, alternatively if it’s an external blockage please contact our sister company Easy Clean Services who will be able to carry out this service for you.

My central heating is really noisy, can you help?

Yes, we can. If you’ve got a noisy radiator, banging pipes or your boiler is making noise you just don’t recognise, call us. We’ll come and have a listen and diagnose the causes, and maybe even solve it in the same visit. We might also recommend a power flush to clean out noisy heating systems and help solve boiler kettling (so called because your boiler makes bubbling, hissing and general odd noises like a furred-up kettle).

What's the difference between Corgi Registered and Corgi Gas Safe Registered?

For 17 years, all boiler engineers had to be on the CORGI register. However, in 2009, the registration transferred to the Gas Safe Register. As of 1 April 2009, all work on gas installations or appliances must only be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

All gas engineers now are required to carry a new photo ID card with their photo, the yellow Gas Safe logo, their unique licence number, and a list of tasks they are qualified to do on the reverse. If a gas engineer only presents a CORGI card, don’t let them anywhere near your gas appliances and show them the door -they are not qualified. All ECS heating engineers will be happy to show your their Gas Safe ID at any time.